Monday, August 6, 2007

On the Road Again

Parting memories as we leave the Adirondacks. I can't describe the sadness I feel every time we leave camp. It is such an alive place. Very different from Southern California.Innisfree from the dock

Early in the morning on our last day.
The beach on Seventh Lake.

Once again we are driving across the country. This time from New York to California. We actually left yesterday. Not making great time, but we did stop at another yarn shop.
We caught a mouse in the Havaheart trap. To assure it did not return we took it in the motorboat to the other side of the lake and let it go there.


This is the yarn store I stopped at in Springfield, Ohio. Here is the machinery at work at YarnSmiths. I bought some boucle yarn of cashmere, silk, and nylon called Truffles. Here it is being spun. I wanted enough for a sweater, but not mixed colorways so they spum up some on the spot and I got to watch! It is undyed so I can make it any color I want. They do have some lovely colorways.
I don't know what I was thinking. I didn't get a picture of Ann or the front showroom. There are other popular yarns besides their own. They have a HUGE table for knitting night on Wednesdays. I understand there are sometime 50 ot more people at a time. The table must hold about 30. We had such a lovely visit.


No comments: