Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Frozen Citrus


This is an orange grove I drive past on my way to work. I stopped to take a closer look at all the ice pillars around the trees. These are young trees. As we witness grove after grove of citrus being cut down in Redlands and warehouses and high density housing going up in their place, this was one grove that had recently planted new orange trees. It gave me hope that not every grove would be lost. I know that the fruit is lost this year. I hope these trees withstand the temperatures of this month. Without the trees this is a desert.


Here are the latest handwarmers. The black pair is for my son, the red ones for my older daughter. The red ones are a really nice color that didn't photograph on my little Casio well. These are so quick. I love having something done in a couple of hours. They are definitely useful while it stays cold here. They aren't blocked yet. They look great on. I need to make a pair for me now.

No comments: