Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dyeing Weekend


I had a great weekend dyeing yarn with my friend Leigh Ann. We used a crock pot to great results. She tried a gradient technique that didn't really work well. The yarn tangled badly and did not hold up well to being handled wet. After finally having had enough she put it aside. Later she put it in a baggie and nuked it to set it. It ended up being all one color anyway.
I dyed some terrific mohair yarn to make the Modern Quilt Wrap. I am excited to get the rest of the yarn dyed to start it. If only I didn't have so many other projects in process.



I had all my kids home for dinner tonight. I just love having them all together.
My son mentioned organizing a room for my yarn. He referred to yarn as my fifth child. They were all amused by the comment. Hubby included. Why are my feelings hurt? I definitely am very focused on yarn based creativity. It's not like I can really control them in the same way I can control yarn. Not that I would want to.

No comments: