Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dyeing Sock Blanks and Summer of Socks '08

We were supposed to leave for New York today, but have been delayed til mid-week. It's hard to wait to leave, but then again I still have lots to do and good friends and family to do it with.
Here's yesterday's hand dyed Knit Picks sock blank on the left. The dyes migrated blended a little more than they look in this photo. I hope it knits up as cool as it looks now. The one on the right I painted today. My friend Leigh Ann made a really cool striped one too.

Midnight EST June 21 was the start of this year's Summer of Socks. I joined up for the first time this year. June 21st is also my son's birthday so I decided to knit him socks for his birthday. He doesn't really like socks, but when he tried on some I knit he loved how they felt. Sooooo, I am making him some to go with the cap I knit him this fall. I had extra yarn to make sure I had enough for the beanie and never used it. It is Mountain Colors Twizzle in the Moose Creek color.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison your blank turned out great you make me jealous I guess I have to give it a try one of these days.