Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pi Day Cometh


Okay, I haven't worked on much else this week because I have been getting ready for Pi Day tomorrow... you know 3.14. I knit a Pi Togue using the pattern by Lisa Stockebrand on the Yahoo KnittingPi group. I have another one about half done. Unfortunately I need some sleep before tomorrow or I would finish it tonight and give my first one as a prize for the most Pi saavy student tomorrow. Don't think that will happen.
We are having all kinds of contests tomorrow. I have some other hats for winners to wear. A glittery top hat with the Pi symbol and a tiara with Pi Queen on it. I have a couple of banners for them to wear, as well as several ribbons for winners. Everyone has created a Pi poster, complete with an example using a Pi formula, We are competing in equation solving involving Pi. We are having a song and dance/poetry competition. We are having a Pi couture contest. Students have been practicing memorizing Pi all week. One student says he's memorized it to 60 digits. Tomorrow will tell. I went a little off topic by also holding a culinary pie contest. That seems to be the one they all want to compete in. I think my other winners will get to be judges of this contest. If everyone brings a homemade pie who said they were we'll have about 40 pies!

Wish me luck. It will be a busy day!

1 comment:

iwouldratherbeknitting said...

Cute hat! I'm a teacher too.. I'm teaching art to MS students this year. Last year, I was a third grade teacher. I like both jobs for different reasons.

I'm on the KH forum. Don't post a lot- because.. well, you know.. 'school' and all that it entails- plus, I'm many time zones away from the states (I teach American children overseas) and people in the states are sleeping when I get off work.

:D