Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mis-Adventures of the Kennedys and friends



This weekend we rented a motor home, packed up, and went down to San Diego to hang out in the Qualcomm Stadium for the weekend. It was the yearly Big 3 old car and motorcycle swap meet. I've been going down there for about 20 years to this event. My parents used to be the ones to get everything down there and we'd just show up and walk around, shop, and visit. Of course they didn't have jobs to go to or kids at home. It's tough to get organized enough to do it. We missed it last year. We don't live in San Diego either.


Any way, DH and DD were supposed to get down there before 8AM Friday, but didn't make it. The rest of us were supposed to leave after work and school or Saturday morning. My older DS and DD decided not to go. I wouldn't have even rented the motor home if I didn't think I was going to get to hang out with my kids. We ended up leaving Friday at about 7PM with our friends Leigh Ann and Robert. When we arrived around 9PM the gate was still open, but no one had the list of space renters and we didn't have the passes they gave us last year. They made us wait until 5AM Saturday morning to go to our spot. Ridiculous.
We kept our spot for next year, but unless we start getting ready for it months in advance there isn't a lot of point. We don't sell enough to cover the space rent let alone the motor home. It would be worth doing if we could get rid of some things doing it. We had a pretty decent time even though DH was a grouch. It was a little cold yesterday, but beautiful today. I guess next year we might do it again.
I did finish my Noro rainbow socks and decided to start the Annetrelac socks from the Holiday issue of Interweave Knits with the leftover Noro. I had some really BRIGHT yellow yarn with me (that I dyed to put a Pikachu on a present for my niece)that goes with the remaining yarn. So I started them. They will definitely be vivid. I'll be able to use up my scraps up. Don't want Noro to go to waste.
I finished one of my son's Fiery Socks in time for him to wear one to his Vista Idol competition.

No comments: