Sunday, January 13, 2008

DH and Weekend accomplishments

It appears that my laptop will have to go back to Apple to get fixed. Hopefully it won't be months before I get it back. DH has been wonderful dealing with the repair guys.

DH (or MXL as I have decided to call him now)complained about me calling him "DH" on my blog. It seems the guys who communicate with him online and check here to see what our family is up to do not understand DH to mean "Dear Husband". They instead believe it means "Dick Head". I was led to believe I am thought heartless to call him that after he has just given me the most thoughtful gift he has ever given me for Christmas this year. What do you think honey? Will "Most Excellent Lover"(MXL) save face for you with your friends? or is it me who needs to save face?

MXL with some help from DS(Dear Son, or do I have to find another code name for him too?) worked on closing in our carport some more this weekend. We almost have a pair of doors for one side of one bay to add to the wall he built on one side. It's looking good! Can't wait for the cars to finally have some protection other than the car covers.

Finished my daughter's Christmas present this week.
Here's the Winter White KoolhaasI have finally fixed the mistakes on my son's flaming socks. I started the first heel.
The bobble socks are farther along too. I could have finished them in the amount of time I spent on my son's socks, but there are a couple of stitches that look wrong to me. Since I adapted as I went along I want to get some help on fixing the stitches before I finish the socks.
The year of socks KAL I joined is doing a plain ribbed sock as their January project. I had started on them using Noro Kureyon sock yarn. I wanted to use magic loop on one needle. I cast them on, but must have started knitting in the wrong direction. I took them back off the needles. All the other socks I am working on have ribs. Can I count them? Unless I finish my son's socks on the #1 needles I really don't have the needles to knit the Noro socks.

No comments: