Saturday, January 17, 2009

Magellan Needs Torture




Our cat Magellan is quite the character. Usually my alarm goes off at five and I need a couple of minutes to rouse myself. Magellan has taken it upon himself to make sure that people get up. He comes into the room and starts to sharpen his claws on the corner of the bed. This, of course, rouses me to chase him away. I don't want the bed ruined! If you get quiet again he comes back for more. It used to be just my room and about 5-5:30-ish. This week he's taken to walking over me at about 4:30, then waiting patiently til about 5 to scratch and get me to chase him. Of course I can't go back to sleep again after he's walked on me, is purring, and sitting there watching me.
He's also taken to doing this to other family members. No one wants him in their room anymore. My son had to lock him in the shower one night to be able to sleep. Don't get me wrong. He is a very nice cat. He is just a pain in the morning. He tears around here like a maniac once we all come down. My husband carries him around like a baby and fusses over him constantly so there's no wonder he thinks he runs the place. Well now I'm up...I've taken a nice long whirlpool bath, dressed and am about to go for a walk. I've been able to enjoy the house before anyone else is up. Thanks Magellan. The thing is, today I could have slept in...

No comments: