Friday, January 2, 2009

In With 2009

Wow, the first day of the New Year is over already. Where did it go?
We had a lovely evening with friends New Year's Eve. Drank champagne and made lots of noise at midnight.

Projects are going on for a fresh start. My daughter is prepping her room to paint. She's really cleared out a lot of "stuff". I'd really like to get a few things done around here before I go back to work on the 6th. I really want to get a new car too. I've been trying to get hubby to sell a couple of the projects cars we have sitting around here doing no one any good, but he's dragged his feet for this long I guess I'll have to do it. Out with the old, right? Really need to clear the decks in my room and finish the bathrooms for my sanity.

I've been pulling out my sewing machines and organizing the supplies so that I can use them. Even went down to the sewing machine shop to have them show me again how to thread my serger. Maybe I can use it now!
Have been organizing my yarn where I can get to some of it too (and not have it all just piled up around my chair in the living room.) Finished one pair of socks while visiting my daughter in Laguna. I cast on several socks and some fingerless mitts on New Year's Eve. Now to get with it and get them done.
I dyed a couple of sock blanks pinks and reds for Valentine's day projects. I want to get started on them soon too.
My heartfelt New Year's wish for everyone is a year filled with abundance, aspiration, and love. Have a wonderful year!

No comments: