Monday, January 5, 2009

"Vacation" Wrap-Up

UuuuHuhhhhhhhh..... That's the sound of the deep breath I just took thinking of getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. I still have one more painting session before I am done with the bathroom and need to move a vanity up there, hang the shower curtain, mirrors, towel bars, hooks, and toilet paper hook. Not to mention clean it all and getting the toiletries to their usable places. I should do it now, but I need to sit for a couple minutes after getting back from shopping for most of mentioned items to hang.
I'm going to have to get my husband to reattach the cabinets he took down so I could see what was behind them. I think we may have to add a washer and dryer up there. There are all the hook-ups behind the cabinets along with at least another foot of space. When I saw the extra space behind the cabinets, I though Yippee, maybe we have room for a closet. It's not quite enough for that. We could however, repurpose a couple of the cabinets and replace them with a washer and dryer. I'd love to have a steaming washer/dryer for delicates and all. I am afraid, it might end up a problem with laundry being left in the bathroom. I'll have to think about it a while.
This "vacation" was too short. The holidays were great, but I just started on some of the things I need to get done. I didn't even start on my bedroom. I prepared to start work on the downstairs bathroom, but never finished the upstairs. I just hope my son is bored enough the rest of the week to work on scraping the texture off the walls. That way maybe I could get started with the painting next weekend. My son doesn't have to go back to school til next Monday. I am so jealous. What I could do with that time.
I did go to lunch with my friend today. It put a nice touch on my last free day for a while.

No comments: