Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve day




We all got up this morning preparing to go to our son's guitar recital. My husband went off to get our '29 Packard cleaned up to drive over. My son put his clothes in the dryer and started preparing... just one problem. The recital was yesterday and we missed it. Quite a disappointment as you may guess. That kind of threw the whole day off. Not that there was much left to do by the light of day. We did have a lovely lunch with friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Oscars. We picked up tamales for Christmas Eve dinner.

The boys are out delivering gifts. My daughter dropped off a cheesecake for friends down the street. My older daughter is in Hawaii with her boyfriend and his family for Christmas. My oldest son is in Afghanistan. I'm hoping he's having a decent day. It's Christmas day for him already. Sure miss him.

I'm thinking hot-buttered rum would be just the ticket right now. Is 4 PM too early? Then I'll probably want to take a nap. Still, this recipe is soooooo GOOD and it's not often I have it.

The yarn for my endpaper mitts arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't like Koigu KPM1500. It doesn't have nearly the depth of color that shows in Eunny's original ones. I just LOVE the ones she made. The color I got is kind of flat and dull. Now I have to search for something else to make them with.

Projects for Christmas gifts: Work on the Circular Sock Knitting machine has been slow. I have made some tubes, but not socks yet. I made one wine bottle gift bag and am finishing one more. I have a couple of small tubes made for Build-a-Bear purses. I am so looking forward to a little time to try again on the socks. I was getting close. I do have some coffee cup cozies to finish. Though, one coffee cup cozy was given to my son's guitar teacher. They're turning out kind of cool. I finished my oldest son's slippers, but not in time to get them to him for Christmas.

Hope all your projects were received in time for Christmas and you enjoy a very happy holiday!

No comments: