Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter!

It was a very quiet Easter. Paul barbequed the ham and some beef ribs and I made the rest of the food inside. My youngest daughter made cookies and dyed eggs. (I'm saving the dye in case I can finish a pair of socks tonight to dye in it. I thought it would be fun to dip dye some springtime color socks.) My younger son helped our friends move. He got home about 5 minutes before the food was ready. Great timing. My older daughter and son celebrated elsewhere. My oldest son is in New York still. He's saving his leave to get out of the army early. My oldesr daughter had plans with her boyfriend's family. Hopefully next year we'll be spending our holidays together.

These are the washclothes I've been making my sister-in-law. I adapted the dragonfly pattern with each cloth. The pink one was the last and I am happiest with the shape of the head. The original one seemed to have antennae.
This is a wrap I've been working on. I have used more than half of one of the yarns and can't find any more of it so it will be slightly less than twice this length. I think it will be acceptable. I wish I'd cast it on a little narrower so it would be longer. The mohair is too clingy to consider frogging it to start again. Perhaps blocking it will help. I really love the stitch pattern and color though. I can't wait to wear it.

No comments: