Thursday, April 19, 2007

La Lana in Taos

This is the most fascinating fiber store in Taos. Here's the view as you enter. It is full of handspun yarn dyed with organic materials. I didn't have nearly enough time there. I've got to go back there some time. Maybe when we head to New York this year I can make a stop...

There were several of these post with skeins of every color in various mixtures of handspun fibers. I found some distinctive yarn with different colored wisps hanging from a dramatically thick and thin strand. I also found the coolest buttons. Many were cut stone and some antler slices and tips. Totally amazing.




There were dyed rovings, raw wool of various sheep breeds, camel, llama and alpaca and cotton and silk. There were probably other things I didn't even see. There must have been 50 or more samples of sweaters and other knit objects for inspiration. Can you tell I was impressed? Taos is an amazing town. It was full of little specialty shops with all sorts of wonderful things...the mineral store was just as great. I didn't get pictures there though.

1 comment:

Professor Howdy said...

Hello!
Very good posting.
Thank you - Have a good day!!!