Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lazy day???

Well, I didn't go anywhere. My close friend Leigh Ann came by to bring me a copy of Crazy Aunt Pearl's book.Then my wonderful cousin Mark dropped by with his gorgeous daughter to say "hi," and show my son how to play Bach's Partida #3 on guitar. Three visitors in one day, what a blessing.
I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then knitted. Made Salmon Chowder, then Pot Roast. I was going to make Apple pie, but ran out of steam. I think I may have caught the cold everyone else seems to have. I had a glass of wine, but my headache isn't any better.
I finished the back of the "Tiger" cat sweater for Merlin. I bound it off rounded along the bottom so that it will cover more of Merlin's back. He seems to be sore there a lot. I thought keeping it warm might help a little.
I've been checking out knitting blogs. It's been a while since I have spent any time doing that. Firefly at I Live on a Farm made me wish I could run back to the Adirondacks to see the leaves change color. Our camp is so close to Blue Mountain Lake where she went last week. I've never seen the change of seasons being a native Californian. I was hoping to change that soon. Just can't think how to get away from work on a year when our principal has warned us not to take any unnecessary time off. Is it necessary to see leaves change color? Is it possible to continually put life on hold for work? Of course it's possible, most people do it all the time. I've done it most of my life. If I knew I would never be questioned about it I would do it in a minute, but this is my evaluation year.

No comments: