Thursday, September 13, 2007

The unsuspecting victim

This is Merlin. The unsuspecting victim. I am thinking of making him a sweater. I must say I feel a bit like a freak making a sweater for a cat. He has a perfectly lovely fur coat already. The problem is that Merlin is a Maine Coon Cat and has 3 layers of fur. He is also getting older and does not do a good job of caring for his coat on his own. Not to mention the clumps of fur all over the carpet even immediately after vacuuming. We need to get Merlin clipped again. With his advancing years and advancing Fall then Winter I am afraid he will be cold. Hence the sweater. Here are a couple of yarns I thought would look good on him. They really blend in with his fur color. Perhaps I should think about making one that is more contrasting...Okay, I decided to try to use up some stash on this project. I started with the ribbing in 'Angel Hair', then didn't think I'd like the Paton's 'Pebbles' as the body of the sweater. I kept knitting with 'Angel Hair'. It is my first cat sweater so I don't suppose it will hurt to knit a trial run. I now have to worry that I'll have enough of this yarn to finish the sweater. I only have one skein of 120 yards. What do you think?

No comments: