Sunday, October 21, 2007

Bowling party and the rest of the weekend

After taking a class for GATE education all Friday night and Saturday we had the kid party for my son's birthday last night. It was at a bowling alley. We had pizza and sodas and brought a big chocolate cake with us. I think the kids had fun. I have a couple of videos I could use for blackmail if I so chose. We had a house full of kids overnight. My son had a few extra visitors after he fell asleep.
I haven't bowled since before I broke my back- a long, long time ago. It went okay. I started drinking this health drink my daughter shared with me for my back pain. It's called Mona-Vie. It tastes good, so there is no problem taking it. I don't want to say it is absolutely helping, but it certainly may be. I usually have sharp pains in the night when I roll over. I have barely felt them this past week. I was able to bowl last night and this morning I am just a little bit stiff. I think it is helping with my digestion and energy too.
I finished the newsboy cap I was knitting. I like it. I would like it better just a little bit looser. I wish I hadn't sewn it up so tight. I used a couple of my antique buttons to sew on the band.
I worked on my granny square socks in spare moments at my class. I have one with a finished heel flap and turned heel. I have to attach the heel reinforcement yarn to the other one so I can catch it up.

No comments: