Tuesday, October 16, 2007

KnitWit Club is doing well

I've been volunteering after school to hold a knitting club at my school. This is our fourth week and for the second week in a row we had about 16 kids there. Unfortunately (or fortunately) almost every one of them is a brand new, never tried it before, knitter. I won't be sitting down and doing any of my own knitting there for a loooong time. I run from student to student showing them how to knit. A couple of them have done more than cast on and knit one row before having to start over. Hopefully we will be able to keep it going and get a good core group.

I did start a newsboy cap with Rowan Ribbon twist today. Then I forgot to bring the pattern home with me. I know to knit 12 rows of the cable pattern. Unfortunately, I didn't read the cable pattern.

Tomorrow is my son's birthday and we haven't planned anything for it yet. Any ideas? He hasn't given us a lot to work with this year.

No comments: