Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday Scenery

Here are a couple of orchids blooming at my house right now.

I have been searching for the granny square socks I started a while ago. I thought they would be the first socks to make for Socktoberfest. I swear I was carrying them with me to knitting night, but I can't find them anywhere. I took yarn and needles to cast on another pair of socks to make sure I was sock knitting every day this month. After all we had our second knitting club meeting today. I just spent the entire time showing 8 brand new knitters how to cast on and do the knit stitch. I think about 4 of them may be able to do it again next week and I'll be starting over with the others if they aren't too discouraged to come back. I guess I won't be getting any of my own knitting done there for a while though.
I came home, did the grocery shopping, made dinner, and baked cookies. Now it's about 9 pm and I may get up off my tush and get the yarn and start. I have collected so much sock yarn I really need to get off the ground knitting socks.

No comments: