Saturday, October 6, 2007

We're Here in the Adirondacks!




Got here yesterday and hung out at the Adirondack Scenic Railroad and Van Auken's Inn in Thendara for drinks and dinner. It was fun. Got to Innisfree after dark. Then Paul had to get the water and water heater working. I was too tired to take a shower last night, but did have hot water to wash with.
The weather is unbelievable here. It was in the 80s with blue skies Friday and probably in the 70s today. Had a great pancake breakfast at Keyes Pancake House in Old Forge. Then we drove around taking pictures of the gorgeous leaves.
I've been told we are about a week past peak color, but OHMYGOD it's beautiful. Went in to Old forge Hardware and saw my friend Danielle who runs the yarn department. Then shopped a bit. We were invited to take the train to Utica today with our friends who run the place. The scenery is fantastic, particularly along the Moose River. I wish I could have leaned out of the train to get pictures. The whole area is packed with people, just like holiday weekends in the summer. I was always told that Inlet closes down after Labor Day, but it was hopping there too.

No comments: