Saturday, March 3, 2007

Busy Saturday


Today my friend Leigh Ann, my daughter, and I went to get pedicures. It was soooo cool sitting in the massage chair having a careful woman massage, groom and lotion my feet and polish my toes. This was my first pedicure ever. I think it could become a habit. I don't show off my feet so I had a lovely cappachino color nail polish put on. My daugher, however, got a great little design painted on her toes.

We went to three yarn stores today: Enchanted Unicorn, CloseKnit, and Designer HandKnits. I found a great yarn to use with another novelty yarn for a hat and mobius or wrap and some new stretchy sock yarn.
Yesterday I took Leigh Ann to Yarn Deli and got her to pick out some yarn to make a quick pair of "Toasty Toes" socks in Malabrigo worsted yarn. It's this great denim and purpley blue. She got me to start a pair too. Now we are working together to finish a pair of socks each. With all my sock yarn collecting, I have yet to finish a single sock. In order to avoid the single sock syndrome we're both knitting two socks at the same time. Tonight I got to row 12 on mine. I love them so far. I'm making mine in Noro Kureon 156. The color of the knitted part is more blue than turquoise as it looks in the picture. The colors in both socks are matching pretty well so far. I hope they stay that way. I've come across a knot in one of them already and done a join. It looks like it may have just been a break. The colors in both pieces seemed to match.

No comments: