Sunday, March 4, 2007

I've Been to VELONA"S!!!


Okay, I've finally made it to Velona's. Leigh Ann has been saying I wouldn't believe it and she was right! Look at all the yarn! Not only that, but they know where to find anything you ask for. I wandered for over 2 hours! I finally stopped only because I was on overload and couldn't think of what else I might be looking for. I found a silky looking cotton to try a scarf/wrap with some mohair lace weight I have. I bought 2 skeins of Cherry Tree Hill and 4 skeins of Jitterbug sock yarn....oh the colors...I even found red & white and dark blue Suede for a headband for my son. I wanted lots more. I need to make a list of what I'm really looking for next time.






















In other news at home.

Claire was the first one in the family in the pool this year. She and her friend went in this morning... twice. Though they did get out quickly. It was a lovely warm day, but the pool has got to be 60 degrees or so (don't know for sure, no thermometer.))


Alex will be in the last show of Vista Idol on Wednesday and needs an appropriate costume for his Jimi Hendrix version of "The Star-Spangled Banner." I dug out my old macrame book and whipped up this headband. I think he likes it.

I am waiting to hear from my friend Leigh Ann how far I can knit on my socks tonight. We're not racing...just motivating each other...
And THANK YOU Paul for fixing the water. My irises and orchids thank you too! :*

No comments: