Thursday, March 8, 2007

Off to New York!

I am off in a few hours to see my son in New York! It's about time. I decided to give JetBlue another try. They had always been excellent before. Of course I still have to finish packing, do a load of laundry, wash my hair...the kids are all farmed out and have a way to school tomorrow. I hope I have what I need for the weather. It's been beautiful here the last few days. I'm starting to get used to it.

Here's a hat I made yesterday from the book, Exquisite Little Knits. It's not blocked, so I shouldn't be too down on it. I am not really happy with it at all. It doesn't look very elegant. I tried 3 times to match the accent yarn i bought a couple of years ago. I swatched 5 times before getting a gauge that worked. The pattern called for size 6 needled and I finally ended up using 10.5s. This was with Pastazza, a chunky weight yarn. I was starting to worry that to get my gauge, hair would show through the knitting because the stitches would be too big. Well here it is and I look like a bag lady wearing it. Oh well. Not everything works out the way you want it to.

No comments: