Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day Bouquet

When I was a little girl I used to make bouquets on May Day. I put them on people's doorsteps, rang the doorbell and ran away. I had such a joyful time doing it. I hope the people receiving them enjoyed the bouquets even half as much as I did surprising them. I wish I'd remembered this yesterday when I still had time to give the scheme another try. Maybe next year.
How do you like my pincushion bouquet? I started teaching an afterschool sewing class and made a couple of samples of this little ring supported pincushion flower. I think it's pretty cool. I ran out of time for my students to make anything except for a couple types of stitches. I think they enjoyed themselves. I think they may be more interested in making cell phone cases than pincushions...We'll see.
Here are some more flowers blooming today. Enjoy!

No comments: