Wednesday, May 9, 2007

No Yarn Deli tonight

My daughter was late getting back from her camp experience so we didn't go to Knitting Night at Yarn Deli.
Hey, check out Designer HandKnits on Magnolia Ave. in Riverside on Saturday. It's Nancy's anniversary sale and event. I will be teaching a class in mobius basket knitting. Last year there were all kinds of fiber and textile booths in the breezeway outside the shop, good food, and always great company! See you there?
I did work on the strap of my green bag from the sock knitter. I wish I knew how to knit flat things on it. This strap is taking forever on size 1 needles.
I have been checking out the Zimmermania blog and am impressed by some of the items I have seen there and the recommendations of knitters to read Elizabeth's books. I am interested in understanding the geometric angles and shaping that she is so good at. With that hope I ordered some of her books. So far a couple of the patterns I've read seem enigmatic. I hope I catch on. In other knitting news...I knitted the anime cougar I adapted from CraftyAlien's SWAT kitty pattern. Here he is without his eyes, nose and mouth. I think he is going to be great! I had to make a cougar, our school mascot is a Cougar.

No comments: