Monday, June 4, 2007

Awards given and closing of classroom

Today was our annual student recognition awards night for who we consider to be our top two students for the year. I was able to announce the 4 awards for my partner and myself. We chose our award winners together. We were able to give medallions to our entire Academic Pentathlon team and alternates for all their hard work. My partner announced them and I got to put their medals on. It's nice to get a chance to recognize such amazing kids. Although I am not at my best on a stage. I fumbled and dropped things all over the place. I hope none of my students or their parents were taking video of the awards.

Only two more days to pack my classroom up. I was all excited to be able to store materials in cabinets since I am no longer in a portable building with only one small rolling cabinet. It seems that there are no keys that will lock any of my classroom cabinets. I may have to bring a bunch of stuff home anyway. I don't understand why it always has to be so complicated.

No comments: