Sunday, June 24, 2007

June 22 = Wisconsin, Illinois & Indiana

We got to Wisconsin in the wee hours of the morning. Stayed at the Ramada Inn(don't recommend it since their internet never worked and I couldn't catch up on my blogs).

The boys went on a tour of the Fairbanks-Morse facilities while my daughter and I hung out at the hotel. We went up to Janesville to the Dragonfly Yarn shop. Nice place! Then we headed back into Illinois. Stopped at Unique yarns. Also nice. Then we drove and drove...finally stopping in Indiana for a short nap in the car before starting out again.Here's the afghan progress through Illinois.
Here is Dragonfly Yarns in Wisconsin.I really enjoyed the elegant selection of yarns here. There were some cool silks and I got this great aqua colored mohair for a shawl or something.

Here is Unique Yarns in Illinois. Wow, what a diverse selection. There were lots of inspiring finished objects I had to take pictures of for future reference. Not to mention lots of hand dyed yarns and rovings.

No comments: