Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20 = more Oklahoma

After high-tailing it to Oklahoma to get to the yarn store in Guthrie, Tom-tom our GPS unit gave us bad directions, not once but twice. After my husband finally hit the thing and got over it we made it to S.W.A.K. with 3 minutes to spare. Luckily for me Jane was nice enough to stay late so I could shop. It's a great shop. Lots of great yarns, project samples, books, needles, notions, even salt water taffy.I even found some of my favorite sock needles, 8.5" circulars. They have what Jane calls Oklahoma cashmere...it's buffalo and is it ever soft(it was a bit expensive so I passed this time, maybe I'll order some at a later date). There's a fairly large sale area with 30% off.
I bought several green yarns since it seems as though the rest of the countryside will have a variety of plants growing all along the way. The afghan is getting big. I may need to slow down so it isn't too big and heavy for a throw. It's ended up being 3 yarns carried along using a size M hook.
A couple of hours later we were at my aunt's house in Claremore for a visit. My cousin even sent two dozen fresh eggs with us to take to camp. I have pretty cool family. It's good to see them even for a short time. My cousin and her husband will be joining us at camp in about a month.

No comments: