Saturday, June 2, 2007

Innisfree nearing completion!

This is our camp in New York. Innisfree. It has had some major work done since I bought it from my parents' estate. (New roof, insulation, supports underneath, siding as close as possible to the original cedar bark siding it had, new dock runway) It is coming close to completion of the outside work. It still needs a door to under the house where the sporting equipment is stored (we needed a larger doorway to move boats in and out)
In the works, with a new group of contractors, is a well and septic system. After that we'll do an update in the kitchen to make a workable cooking space (we've always done the cooking and eating next door at Cool-Shag-Na (the camp my aunt, brothers and cousins own together, that my grandfather had built in the 50s) I put in a big black reproduction stove and new refrigerator last summer. We'll be covering the refrigerator in wood to match the surrounding wood cabinets (that also need to be built) Adding a new countertop and sink to a cabinet yet to be built.
Then there is the Crow's Nest. It's a one bedroom cabin on top of the garage. I had skylights and a new roof put in last fall and now it needs a bathroom and the kitchen replumbed so that it is rentable. Maybe something to clean up the floor (old multicolor linoleum)
Hmmm this doesn't sound as close to complete as I thought. I was really hoping that this would be the last big work summer at camp for a long time. I hope we can enjoy the lake and the woods more this year. Doesn't look good for that does it?

No comments: