Sunday, July 8, 2007

Happenings at the lakes

7/8/07
Woke up to a mouse in the bathroom. Then he came out into the hall ran up and down a broom I had against the bathroom door to keep him from coming out and ran into a couple of the bedrooms. They are cute and all and have lived in these woods much longer than me, but I don’t want to share my house with them. Paul set a Have-a-Heart trap for me. Last year one caught itself in one of the traps we had stored on the porch. Paul took it for a little boat trip to the beach near Eighth Lake and let it go there. What a guy.
The kids are still sleeping. I have been debating what to do with the strawberries and rhubarb. I was going to make a coffee cake, but decided we really like strawberry rhubarb pie best.
Trying to start a new knitting project, but can’t decide what to do. Am kicking myself I didn’t pick up this bag of fabric at a yard sale yesterday. There was one piece I would have liked to use for a knitting bag. vintage stuff…
May go to the Old Forge Arts Center and sign up for the classes I want to take. I missed the pen and ink class already.
7/7/07
Old Forge had their Antique Boat show today at the waterfront. Lots of wood hull old motorboats. They were really beautiful. My favorite was one that was built in 1903, “The Indian”. It had a cool shaped stern. Here are some details of my favorite

I remember my grandfather having a wood motorboat when we first used to go to camp in the 60s.



Of course everyone is always looking for this...
We walked around town afterwards. I need a bunch of odds and ends to get camp in shape, but couldn’t find anything I needed. At least we stopped to eat and had some Buffalo wings. I hadn’t had my first wings yet. I think that makes us officially here.
Justin got here late this afternoon. We’re at an Inlet 6th and 7th Lake Association meeting listening to a talk on invasive aquatic species in the lakes. We have Eurasian milfoil in the lakes and they are being really proactive in trying to remove it and prevent it from spreading. We have wonderful lake water quality and want to keep it that way.

No comments: