Friday, July 13, 2007

Good Luck Friday


Friday the 13th… I've always felt they are lucky for me, while Saturday the 14th was unlucky. I always conduct myself with care on the day after a Friday the 13th.
The woods are cool today. Requiring a jacket in the morning and evening, but comfortable the rest of the day.
This morning Paul found this little cute orange salamander.
The kitchen is still in progress. Lots of drywall and green board in, the sink repositioned.
We did laundry. Or should I say my daughter did (waited for and finished) the laundry
I went to see about having a chair reupholstered. After I settled on what I wanted the lady asked how long I’d be at camp. When I answered she said she didn’t think she would able to do it in time since she already had a waiting list. I guess I should have asked that first instead of driving the chair all the way to Old Forge three times, calling several times trying to reach her, going to see her, and deciding on a fabric.
In town I found some Rubbermaid storage boxes. Went to the Knitting circle at Old Forge Hardware, but only stayed an hour since my daughter was still at the Laundromat. Found some sale yarns. One of which I needed to go with some I bought last year to make a shell. I wish they had had just one more ball. I need to plan things better next week so I can sit down and knit.
I did get a little info about the entrelac project I started. I kept starting the right leaning rectangles and I just couldn’t remember how to pick up the stitches right. After all I had done the same project before with no problem. I came back and was able to work on it without ripping it out any more.

Bought some raffle tickets for a cool bear quilt benefiting a local church. Friday the 13th is my lucky day...suppose I'll win?
Kids went out in the kayaks and swam at the island. They had a hard time getting back against the wind.
After dinner Justin got here. He ate, then went out in his kayak with the kids again. Alex got thrown into the lake. He’s not a happy camper right now. My daughter had better watch out. He’s not accepting her apology.

No comments: