Friday, July 20, 2007

What's new in the Woods



Wow, it’s been a few days since I’ve checked in. The watercolor class with Sondra Freckleton and Sally Baker was phenomenal. It is the best class I have ever taken! I have not finished my painting yet. Here is a picture of the still life set up.Here is how far I have gotten on my painting.

The kitchen is progressing. It is now too late to get my garnet granite countertop so I am designing a cement counter with inset tiles of garnet tile and whatnot. Hmmmm, thinking about murals and airbrush techniques for the refrigerator and wall paint… Someone stop me. I almost found a sink yesterday. If it wasn’t an undermount I would have brought it home. We also had a load of driveway gravel delivered to fix the floor of the garage. We filled in some mushy places in the driveway with the extra.
It’s been raining. I’ve done a little antiquing, knitting, cooking, reading, gathering interesting branches and such. My son made himself a copper wrist cuff and baked bread today.
My daughter and I visited Old Forge Hardware and found Mr. Bill. We decided it would be fun to surprise people with Mr. Bill in precarious situations. My son was in on it after we got him the first time. This is what Mr. Bill did today.



We have a visitor a lot these days. Don’t tell, we’ve been giving him popcorn. Paul has named him Gerald.

No comments: